14 Jun Brussel Sprouts And Kale Frittata
Right now in season locally are brussel sprouts and kale, so these are the vegetables I used in this frittata on this crisp winters morning. You could use almost any vegetable however, as frittatas are rather simple to makes. Great way to use up left over vegetables, or to make on the weekend for some weekday breakfast, lunches. Keep it simple or add a little bacon to intensify the flavour even more.
- 5-6 Curly Kale Stalks
- 8 x Brussel Sprouts
- 6 x eggs
- Coconut oil/butter
- Season with salt and pepper
- Optional bacon
- In a pan heat butter/oil, and finely dice brussel sprouts and kale. Add to the pan and cook until gently cooked through.
- Remove from pan, place in a bowl and crack in eggs with the vegetables. Mix until all well combined.
- Heat some extra oil in the pan, and add the mixture back to it.
- Cover with a pot lid and allow it to cook on a low heat until all the eggs has cooked through.
- Remove from heat and chop into 1/4s.