These gems were a wee experiment, and I was so happy with how they turned out. The key is organic delicious sweet carrots! Sometimes you can purchase carrrots and they taste a little bitter, so be sure to good some good quality ones, if you havn’t got any in the garden.
- 1 kg Carrots
- 1 cup sunflower seeds/or LSA
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 table spoon quality honey
- Zest from one lemon
- 1 table spoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cut up carrots and place in large pot to cook, once cooked mash up until smooth.
- While carrots are cooking, we want to crush up sunflower seeds, you could put them through a coffee grinder, in blender or grab a rolling pin and put them in a bag, cover with tea towel and have some fun smashing them up. What ever suits, we want them as fine as you can get them. If you using LSA you don’t need to do this ;)
- While carrots are still hot, add coconut oil and honey so they melt in and stir through. Then add all other ingredients.
- Roll into balls and roll through some extra coconut. Place them in freezer and they will be ready when ever you need them!
They are fine kept in fridge to, but I like to store them away so I don’t eat them all. If you want them sweeter, you could add more honey or stevia. You could also add dates or any other dried fruit. Get creative and just experiment, thats where the fun is :)
Let me know how you go, would love to see what you create!