04 Aug Chicken, Thyme And Mushroom Casserole
This smelt absolutely amazing, its very simple to whip up ahead of time or make just before you need it. Great dinner party dish, as it makes loads and everything is included in one pot. I served this up with homemade focaccia bread for a mid winter lunch in the sun.
- 50 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin raw olive oil
- 1 leek sliced finely
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 10- 12 button mushrooms finely sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 5-6 Chicken thighs you can easily add more, plenty of room in the pot
- 3 cups chicken broth/stock
- 5-6 medium size potatoes peeled and cubed
- 400 grams green beans
- Fresh thyme
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat half the butter in a pan along with halt oil, and gently cook off the leeks, mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- Remove from the pan and the rest of the butter and oil and cook the chicken until brown on each side.
- Add in the broth, and the cooked vegetables along with potatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are cooked. Add the bean in with about 2-3 minutes to go.
- In a bowl whisk egg and cream and then add to the pot and stir through. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over fresh thyme.
Photos taken by the fabulous Katie Horrocks