15 Feb Chocolate And Ginger Brownie – Gluten Free, Diary Free
I had a whole lot of left over ginger from making my honey sweetened ginger ale syrup, so I thought I better come up with a recipe to use it in. This was the perfect place to place it. These brownies are super soft and rich, with a really devine ginger twist. Serve up with fresh homemade ice cream or coconut cream. If you are using the left over ginger from ginger ale recipe, it will not be as intense in flavour as fresh ginger. So I have two different quantities depending on what you are using.
- 1/2 cup soaked dates
- 1/2 cup left over sliced ginger (mine was left over from this recipe) or 1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon mixed spice
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 C/ 375 F
- Place dates, oil, honey, ginger into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and dates are chopped up.
- Remove from blender and place in a bowl, add in eggs and mix, then add the rest of the ingredients and combine.
- Line a square baking tray (20cm x 20cm) with baking paper, and pour in mixture.
- Place in oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, then slice up and enjoy. Great frozen and straight out of the freezer.