22 Aug Chocolate Carob Truffles – Nut Free
These sweet little chocolatey treats were exactly what I needed this morning. It has been a big week, so I knew my body was low on magnesium. You see we use magnesium every single day, the more stressed you are the more you will use magnesium. So it is important to make sure you are eating magnesium rich foods. When ever I am low on magnesium my body wants chocolate, so thats what I will make or I will take a magnesium supplement or liquid drops.
Knowing how to listen to your body is the key. Make sure if you go the chocolate route it is real high quality chocolate and not sugar laden bar of crazy ingredients. The best chocolate is made with real cacao just like these truffles, leaving me feeling like I have replenished and provided my body with exactly what it needs.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or butter
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 1/2 fresh banana
- 1 cup dates
- 4 tbsp carob powder
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 heaped tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp himalayan sea salt
- Place dates in a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil, then drain.
- Add everything including dates to a food processor and blitz up until all combined. If it isn’t sticky enough add in some extra water, if to sticky add extra coconut.
- Roll into balls and throw through some extra carob or cacao.
- Store in fridge or freezer