07 Nov Clean Eating Banana Cake – Gluten Free
Because sometimes you just feel like a banana cake. The smell of fresh baking is such an incredible thing to savour and when I baked this I was savouring every last mouthful. Real whole food ingredients that are loaded with nutrients, naturally gluten and dairy free. I serve up with some fresh coconut yogurt and it was perfect treat!
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- zest from two lemons
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup walnuts crushed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 170 C
- Line a 20 cm cake tin with baking paper
- Into a bowl place eggs, mashed banana, cinnamon, oil, vanilla, lemon zest and coconut sugar. Mix to combine well.
- Add to the mix almond flour and baking soda. Combine well, then stir through walnuts.
- Pour batter into cake tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean