Yum!! Who said you can’t make a cake with ingredients that are good for you. This recipe is perfect for those treat days, when you feel like something special and don’t want to feel awful afterwards.
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh berries
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 50 grams of butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 160 degrees celsius. Line a cake tin with some baking paper.
- In a big bowl combine all dry ingredients then add in wet. Stir them all together until combined, then add berries. Gently stir them through.
- Pour mixture into cake tin (it will be runny like a cake mixture) then place in the oven.
- The key is to cook this without burning the top, so hence the low temperature. Cook for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean in the middle. If it starts to burn or go to brown, just turn oven temperature down and continue to cook until it has all risen and cooked on inside.
You could easily use more berries if you wanted, I only had a cup left, so I think the recipe could of handled more. Let me know how you get on. :)