03 Dec Clean Eating Christmas Cake Recipe
This is a incredibly healthy version of traditional christmas cake. This clean eating christmas cake recipe is healthy and packed full of nutrient dense ingredients. Very simple to make and will keep you on track this festive season. Free from grain, gluten and refined sugar, naturally sweet with the dried fruit and packed full of protein to balance out blood sugar.
- 3 cups of mixed dried Fruit ( I used raisins, dates, sultanas and apricots)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- zest and juice from 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1 cup hazel nuts
- Line a 20cm cake tin, include the sides. I use a circle for the base, then strips for the side.
- Preheat your oven to 150 C
- Chop and dice dried apricots and dates into small pieces
- In a large bowl place dried fruit, spice, vanilla, orange zest + juice, olive oil and eggs. Mix to combine.
- Add the almonds and hazelnuts and mix through.
- Place the batter into your cake tin.
- Bake for 90 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, and cool.
- Store in the fridge or freezer