Can’t remember the last time a made a tart. I don’t really make them much, mainly because original recipes are packed full of sugar and flour so my tummy goes a bit nuts! However I had a huge bag of lemons from Bens mum and they were coming over for dinner so thought I would whip up a dessert that I could enjoy to. This was my first clean eating tart attempted I am pretty happy.
Ingredients – Base
- 2 eggs
- 50 grams melted butter
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a bowl add eggs, butter, honey and lemon zest. Then whisk until combined.
- Add coconut flour and salt to the above mix and stir until all combined.
- Grease a pie dish with butter, and press the mixture into the dish. Prick the bottom and bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- 3 large eggs
- Zest from 1 large lemon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- In a bowl add all ingredients and whisk until they are combined.
- Pour into pie base and place in oven for 15 – 20 minutes
- Allow it to cool and set. When it come out of oven it will be wobbly still. So place in fridge to allow it to set.
I served this with frozen coconut cream. I just added a little cinnamon to the cream and put in a bowl in the freezer that morning. It was then thick and devine that night.
Hope you enjoy. Let me know how you get on. Love hearing from you. :)