I saw in the supermarket the other day some ground flaxseed so I thought I would buy it and see what uses I could have for it. This Gluten Free Ginger Slice is my first creation using it. I’m sure this would turn out okay without it, but it did turn out amazing with it, so not sure. Its a very rich gingery slice, and so tasty. You can adjust the sweetness as you want. I like it not so sweet, so half the amount of honey would of been okay. I put more in just because. So you can taste as you are making.
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup honey
- In a cup place ground flaxseed and water, and let it sit until it thickens and goes jelly like. Do this before everything else and by the time you get the other bits sorted it will be ready.
- Heat oven to 350 F/ 180C, and line a baking dish with baking paper, or grease with butter/coconut oil.
- Place all dry ingredients into a bowl and combine.
- Melt honey and oil together and add to dry ingredients.
- Add the flaxseed mix and stir everything together until combined.
- Place in oven and cook until golden on top and a skewer come out clean. Approx 35 minutes.
- Cut into small squares. Its a really rich ginger slice, so I cut mine into 4cm/4cm squares. Then popped extras in freezer for when I want a wee treat.
Love to know if you like this Gluten Free Ginger Slice, comment below. :)