Check out this great recipe from Karen McKeown.
Looks devine! Might have to give it a whirl.
Thanks so much for the share.
- 10 cloves garlic, smashed
- (approx 1 whole bulb)
- 2 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated turmeric (1/4 T if using dried)
- 1 litre chicken stock (check out this Green soup recipe on how to make great chicken broth)
- 1 litre water
- 500 g free range / organic chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 2 bunches coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper to season
- Combine the garlic, turmeric, ginger, stock, water and chicken into a large pot.
- Simmer for 10 minutes over a low heat until chicken is cooked through and flavours have infused into the stock.
- Add turmeric and coriander just before serving.
- Serve in large bowls and sip slowly. Enjoy.
You could make this have any more immune powers if you add in loads of tomatoes. Vegetarians can use vegetable stock in place of chicken stock. For lane kluski beat 2 eggs and pour in a thin stream over the simmering stock for the best egg noodles you’ll ever eat.
Other vegetables can be added if you like such as shiitake mushroom, spinach, kale.
A little chilli can be added for a little heat.
Can’t wait to give this a whirl Karen! If you have any recipes your would like to share please do. Love hearing from you.