Fresh greens from the garden combined with blanched broccoli and fresh basil pesto, makes this salad a power house of nutrition. Topped off with pomegranate, kumara and red onion and you have a true fuel source to leave you feeling amazing.
- Fresh greens, I used kale, lettuce and silverbeet (chard) chopped finely.
- Red Onion
- Cubed and Roasted Kumara (sweet potato)
- Optional Pomegranate
- 2 large handfuls Basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup cashews
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper
- Finely break up brocolli into small pieces, and place into boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove and run under cold water immediately to cool down, drain and leave to cool.
- Slice red onion finely and chop fresh green into small pieces.
- Layer all ingredients into a large salad bowl.
- For the dressing, place all dressing ingredients into a blender or food processor and blitz up until smooth.
- Pour into a serving dish and place along side salad