30 Sep Lemon Cake With Lemon Honey Drizzle – Gluten Free
This is zesty fresh and fabulous moist cake. Loaded with flavour and just tastes fantastic. Naturally sweet and free from any gluten or refined sugars.
- 100 grams of butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- zest and juice from 3 lemons
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- In a bowl add in melted butter and combine with coconut sugar. Add in coconut cream and eggs. Beat until smooth and well combined.
- In another bowl combine dry ingredients, stir to combine well, then add into wet ingredients.
- Mix until well combined then pour into a lined and greased 20cm cake tin.
- Place in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove from oven then allow it to cool.
- Once cooled remove from tin, and then pour over the lemon honey drizzle.
For The Lemon Honey Drizzle
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
Melt honey and oil together in a pot, then add in the cream and lemon. Whisk so it is smooth, then drizzle over the cake. Sprinkle over lemon zest to finish.