What better way to celebrate National Roast Day than with friends and family around a healthy nutritious meal. So let’s have an Online Roast Party!! Yay!!!
Roast Butterfly Lamb
Lamb in New Zealand is such good quality, I didn’t really do much to this except season, but made the gravy the winner the on the day.
- Red Wine
- Coconut Aminos
- Salt and Pepper
- Tapioca Flour
- I heated a pan and then seared the lamb on each side, until browned and caramelized. Then put in oven to cook for further 10 mins.
- In the pan is all the left over juice, so I added splash red wine, coconut aminos, salt and pepper and let it simmer for a minute or so on low heat.
- Then seasoned with salt and pepper .
- Then in a cup a place 1 tablespoon tapioca flour, and a splash of water to make a thick paste with no lumps. Then added a drizzle to the gravy mix, and stirred. Keep added to make thicker. However you don’t need much.
- I served our lamb with mashed cauliflower , leeks and spinach and ben had some roast potatoes just for him, since it was a National Roast Day, can’t not have roast spuds.!
National Roast Day Online Party
After working out how to host such an event, I thought the timing was perfect with it being national roast day tomorrow. So I thought I would just give it a go for the first time, and hopefully you will join me for the party. All you have to do is take a photo of your meal and post it up on this blog post following the link below.
Think of it as you bringing a plate to the party, so whatever you create could be a salad, dessert, nibbles, drinks….obviously keeping it clean, real and and healthy though ;)
I would love it if you were to bring a plate to this National Roast Party, you don’t have to do it just tomorrow etiher, I will keep it open for 7 days.
Its easy to participate and there are two options.
If you have your own website, then share your recipe using the linky at the bottom of this post and share your plate.
If you don’t have your own website share the picture to foreverfit facebook wall and I will then pop it all up on this post.
Think of this as a virtual roast night. My contribution to the party is going to be some butterfly lamb.
So even if you aren’t in New Zealand, come and have a party with us and bring a plate so we can feed the numbers!
Thanks to everyone who sent me a photo of their plate, I will have them up on here really soon.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…