On the weekend we made an orange cake by cooking 6 whole oranges for an hour on the stove in water. Only 3 got used in the cake and the other 3 I blended and popped in the freezer, until I had a use for them. However before I knew it I whipped out one lot and pour it over some fresh fish and baked. This Orange Winter Spice Fish turned out amazing when I mixed it in with some home made winter spice mix.
- 1 kg Fresh Fish
- Cooked Orange Pulp from 1 orange (place oranges in a pot and cover with water, then bring to boil. Simmer for 2 hours, blend and freeze)
- 1/2 cup blended rehydrated dried apricots (option – just had these there so used them to. Make by getting dried apricots and bring to a boil with some water or leave overnight in fridge in water)
- 25 grams of butter
- Winter spice mix
- Heat oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Place fish in a dish and spread orange mix and blended up apricot mix evenly over the fish.
- Sprinkle winter spice mix over the fish, I used about 2 tablespoons.
- Cut butter into little bits and place evenly around fish.
- Cover and pop in oven until fish is cooked.
- Serve with some veges.