05 Sep Prawn Red Curry – Dairy Free
Often when you think of a curry you think it has to come from a packet and you don’t think you could make that sauce yourself. Well I am here to tell you, if I can you can and it want take hours. Its actually really simple and really fast.
- Vegetables I used leeks and zucchini
- 500 grams uncooked prawns.
- 1 onion peeled
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled
- 1 thumb size piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoons turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon fennel seed
- ⅛ teaspoon ground chilli (more if you like it hot)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Place the onion, garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, nutmeg, turmeric, fennel, chilli and honey into food processor and pulse until a paste has formed.
- Place the paste into a pan and then add in kaffir leaves, coconut milk and tomato paste. Heat over medium heat until it has reached a simmer.
- Add vegetables and prawns and cook for another 10 minutes or until prawns are cooked and vegetables softened.
- Serve and enjoy.