24 Dec Raw Chocolate Cheesecake
This is an absolutely devine raw chocolate cheesecake, naturally gluten and dairy free and its made with cashews. Silky, indulgent goodness that just leaves you completely content after eating it. We have just had loads of family visiting for our wedding, so I served this up as a platter with some 90% Dark Lindt chocolate and fresh blue berries. Went down a treat!
3 cups shredded coconut
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup carob powder
1 cup dates
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted.
pinch sea salt
3 cups soaked raw cashews (soaked in water for 6-12 hours or overnight)
1/2 cup cacao powder
3 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoon coconut cream
pinch sea salt.
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
To make the crust:
1. Line the base of a 20cm cake pan with baking paper.
2. Place dates into a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, drain.
3. Place dates, carob, cacao, oil and banana into food processor and blitz until smooth. If its to dry add some water to allow it to stick together.
4. Put mixture into prepared pan. Press into base so it is even. (Any extra you can make it bliss balls and freeze)
5. Cover the base with your blueberries so evenly spread out.
To make the filling:
1. Process cashews until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and blitz until smooth and creamy.
2. Once blended pour mixture over base in pan. Place a teatowel on your bench and gently lift and drop the cake pan on the towel, to allow the batter to settle and sink in and around the blueberries
3. Place into freezer for 1-2 hours.
4. Slice and keep stored in the freezer for when you have guest over or those nights when you just need an amazing treat.