The humble carrot comes to life! This could be part of a meal or just a healthy snack.
- Mixed spice (similar to pumpkin spice – mixture of cloves, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Chop carrots into long sticks, and place on baking try, sprinkle with spice, salt and pepper. Then drizzle with some oil.
- Toss the carrots around until covered.
- Place in oven and cook until browned. I think the longer the better, so just cook for as long as you can last. These ones took 30 minutes.
- Serve with a chutney.
Get creative and try some other spices out. Don’t overdo the spice to start, for a big baking tray of about 5 chopped carrots. I only used a teaspoon of mixed spice, you can of course go more or less, I just recommended less first so you know what the taste is like. :)