11 Aug Slow Cooker Beef And Tomato Stew
Sundays mean slow cooker meals for me. I simply love the smell in the house of a hearty meal bubbling away. I then more often than not have to create some sort of baking for the week ahead. I find cooking really therapeautic when I am in the mood. So when I do feel like cooking I make sure I ride that wave and make plenty for the week ahead.
Stew is one of those ultimate comfort foods and perfect for cold wintery days. A slow cooker stew is one of those great dishes because you can through a whole lot of flavor into a single dish and just let the magic be created while you don’t have to lift a finger.
- Stewing beef around 1kg finely diced
- 2 whole onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- sweet potato, cubed (about 2 large)
- 4 cups beef broth/stock or water
- 4-5 carrots-chopped
- 4 tablespoon tomato paste (organic and bpa free)
- Place the onion, garlic, broth and tomato paste into a food processor or blender and blitz until a paste.
- Place carrots, beef, potato into slow cooker and pour over sauce, ensure everything is well cover, and leave to cook for 6-8 hours.
- Once ready, stir through some fresh spinach and enjoy.