14 Oct Strawberry Dusted Carob And Cacao Truffles – Nut Free!
These incredible wee bites are the perfect mid morning little treat or afternoon pick me up. Loaded with incredible nutrients and perfect for kids lunch boxes. If you don’t have access to the freeze dried strawberries you could use fresh if in season and also go without any. Great with and without.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup dates
- 2 tbsp carob powder
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 heaped tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 2 tablespoons freeze dried strawberries I used this brand.
- approx 1/2 cup water
- Place dates in a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil, then drain.
- Add everything minus water into a food processor and blitz up until all combined. Now drizzle in the water until it is sticky enough to roll into balls.
- Roll into balls and toss through some extra powdered strawberry
- Store in fridge or freezer