This Thai Beef Curry makes the house smell AMAZING!!!!!! Going to definitely make this more often. Really simple to make.
- 1.5kg chuck/blade or stewing steak
- 2 onions
- 6 cloves of garlic chopped
- Can of coconut milk
- 1 table spoon chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon chilli paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 4 citrus leaves
- 3 strips of lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Cut beef into cubes
- Put onions, garlic, ginger, chilli and coconut milk in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into saucepan, with remaining ingredients except honey.
- Mix well and add beef, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to slow bubble and cook uncovered for 2-3 hours, or place in slow cooker for day.
- When oil seperates from gravy add honey and stir through. Allow meat to fry in oily gravy until it is dark, brown and tender.
- Serve with rice and or vegetables.