06 Jun Thai Inspired Kale, Red Cabbage Coleslaw With Mint Dressing
This super easy salad is packed full of flavour and went really well with chicken. I blanched the kale to make it more digestible and easier to eat. Blanching also helps lower any oxalates which are present in dark green leafy vegetables and ensures you are getting the most nutrients from your vegetables when you digest them.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Fresh mint leaves finely diced
- 3-4 cups thinly sliced and chopped red and/or green cabbage (we used more red than green, which made a pretty salad)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 red onion slice super fine
- 1/2 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped blanched kale (chop and pour boiling water over top, sit for 1 minute then drain)
- 1/3 cup chopped cashew nuts
- Stir together the lime juice, honey and red chili flakes to make the dressing.
- Thinly slice and chop enough red and green cabbage to make 3-4 cups of sliced cabbage. Put the cabbage in medium-sized bowl and toss with the dressing. Let the cabbage marinate while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Slice the red onions. Wash and spin dry the mint leaves and drain kale
- Add the red onion, chopped mint, chopped blanched kale, and cashews. Toss to combine.