What is the perfect thing to replace your body with after a hard days training. You need some good quality carbs, fats and proteins and it needs to be easy to eat and easy to make. So make a batch or two of these on the weekends, freeze some. Then they are always there. I have made these for road trips, picnics etc. So simple to pack up and head off with.
- 3-4 large Kumara
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 onions
- 2 raw eggs
- As many boiled eggs for the middle as you plan on making. Can make without check out protein scone
- Heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Boil eggs for the middle part.
- Cook kumara then drain, once drained add butter. Whiz up the kumara in pot with stick blender and set aside.
- In a pan cook bacon and onion and add in finely chopped spinach for a 20 sec stir around. Add to kumara.
- Finely chop rosemary and add to mixture as well as the 2 eggs and stir through so all even.
- Take shell off boiled eggs.
- You could make these in large muffin tins, or get your hands dirty and wrap each egg with the mixture, I tried to get at least 1-2cm of mixture around the egg. Then place on a flat oven dish.
- Place in oven and cook until golden approx 15 mins.
I have made these with potatoes and sweet potatoes before to, so just use what ever is easiest, cheapest. :)
Check out the recipe here without the surprise in the middle. Protein Scone.
Hope you like the recipe, love hearing from you, comment below. If you have any questions, recipes you would like to share, I would like me to write a post about something in particular. Just get in touch.
Hmmm…time for another scones me thinks!