Here is a list of some great upper body exercises for women and a perfect circuit for you to do. This will tone and tighten all the muscles of the upper body. Also if you do this circuit I have below, you will burn more calories in a short time frame and get results quicker! That is of course what we all want.
Military Press Up
- Set up by starting on knees, and having hands underneath your shoulders.
- Lower down but keep elbows tucked in by your rib cage. This targets your triceps.
- Brace through your belly, squeeze your bottom and push up.
- Option is to go onto your feet to make it harder.
Policeman Press Up
- Lie on the floor and take your arms wide.
- The position of your elbow is where your hands will go.
- From there push up, brace through the belly and squeeze the butt.
- Lower each press to 90 degree bend in elbow. Easier option on your knees.
Crab Tricep Dips
- Sit on the floor and place hands as close to your sides as possible under your shoulders.
- Bring feet in close and lift butt off the floor. Lower and lift.
- Easier option is to have hands on something higher like a chair. Harder option is to raise one leg while dipping.
Balancing Crab dips
- Sit on the floor with one hand as close to your side as possible under your shoulder, with the other on your chest.
- Bring one foot in close and lift the other one so it is parallel to the other thigh. Lift butt off the floor, lower and lift.
- Easier option is to have hands on something higher ie: Chair
- Sit on the floor and place hands as close to your sides as possible, under your shoulders.
- Bring feet in close and lift butt off the floor.
- Lift opposite arm and leg, touch your toes.
- Lying on the floor, span your arms wide.
- Squeeze butt and brace belly.
- Lift arms wide, let eyes follow and turn to the other side. Alternate sides, turning and bracing lower body at the same time.
Circuit to do
- Military press up x 50 sec
- Policeman press up x 50 sec
- Crab tricep dips x 50 sec (do balancing one if you can)
- Crab toe touches x 50 sec
- Albatross x 50 sec
Do this as a circuit and take 10 sec between each one, then do the next exercise. Repeat the whole circuit 3 times. You will have toned your upper body and gotten stronger in a workout that takes only 15 minutes….so why not do it now.
Havn’t got 15 minutes? Do just one round, one is better than none. JFDI ;)
So whats on the cards for exercise tomorrow?
Make sure you have the plan today so there is no question about what you are doing tomorrow. That way no excuses can slip in.
These upper body exercises for women are a perfect circuit for men too! Anyone can do it, no equipment needed, it is great functional training that will get results. The key is to challenge yourself and push your limits. One workout can make you fitter and stronger, you just have to do it.
Check out an awesome core circuit here, for another great workout. Combine with this workout if you want for a great combo!
If you are looking to get in shape, I have the perfect solution for you! Check out my Online Gym here.