13 Oct Vegetable Protein Toast
Want to sneak more vegetables into your diet? This toast recipe will surprise you. Holds together just like toast, with a crunch and is great with just butter on it. I am overloaded with avocados at the moment, so this was amazing with avocado and tomato on top. I used crumbed linseeds, you could crumb yourself using a food processor or blender. I bought them like this. If you don’t have crushed linseeds you could use almond flour or LSA.
- 3 cups crumbed broccoli ( using a food processor or blender blitz up into crumbs)
- 3 tablespoons crushed linseeds
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 5 eggs
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- Line a shallow baking tray with baking paper
- Combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour into a lined tray so it is around 2 cm thick, smooth out using back of spoon
- Place in hot oven and cook until golden brown. Approx 15-20 minutes
- Cut into squares and store in the fridge or freezer.
- Can eat fresh, or best straight out of toaster with your favorite toppings