17 Jul Watercress And Chicken Spicey Soup
At the moment when I order my weekly vegetables from mount whole foods watercress has been available, so I thought I would try it out. Its a really refreshing green leafy plant that goes so well in this spicey soup. Its a quick throw together meal using what I had in the fridge making it a perfect mid week meal that is a really fast meal to whip up and will leave you feeling all warm inside. Been perfect for these cold winter days for lunch.
- Cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 litre chicken broth
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion finely diced
- a pinch of chilli powder
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 bunch watercress
- 6 mushrooms, stems removed, quartered
- Place butter into a pot along with onion and mushrooms. Cook until soft then add in broth.
- Add in spices, chicken and watercress. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.