When we were Vietnam in June, we went to this very cool cafe for breakfast and I ordered a western omelette. It was so good, so I recreated when I got home minus the dairy and it has become a pretty standard way to start my day. With exception to what I have in the fridge ready to roll. So bacon usually only gets an apparence once a week. ;)
- 3 Eggs
- Left over vegetables (silver beet, brocolli, onion)
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat pan and drizzle or spray a little oil in the bottom.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk until combined and some salt and pepper.
- Cook bacon first, so place in pan and let it brown.
- Then combine bacon, eggs and chopped vegetables all in bowl and mix together. Then pour into hot pan.
- I am using cast iron pan so let the omelette sit until bottom is browned then flip it over.
- Serve and start your day off with a bang!
Its really important to start your day off with a good quality breakfast and just as important is making sure you have protein in there. This is a simple fast breakfast, you could even make the night before if time was an issue in the mornings. Trust me, this will set you up for a good day.