Gluten Free Feijoa, Ginger And Date Loaf
This recipe is a great way to use up feijoas when they are in season or you could replace the feijoas for kiwifruit or apple if you don’t have any. Its the combination of the ginger and dates that pulls this all together into a scrummy loaf to have when you need a little something sweet. Naturally gluten free, refined sugar free and you could replace the butter for coconut oil if you wanted dairy free also.
INGREDIENTS50 grams butter 4 tablespoons honey 1 cup feijoas chopped 1/2 cup dates chopped 1/2 cup walnuts chopped 1/3 cup ginger chopped 1 tablespoon ginger 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 2 teaspoon vanilla extract 4 eggs 1 1/2 cups almond flour 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C on bake and line a bread pan with baking paper.
2. Finely dice the feijoas into 1-2 cm pieces and place into a bowl along with dates chopped up just the same.
3. On the stove melt butter and honey together, remove from heat.
4. Sift together the almond flour, buckwheat flour ginger, baking powder and soda and add to the fruit mixture once cooled along with the egg, walnuts, vanilla and cooled honey and butter.
5. Stir to just combine and spoon the mixture into tin.
6. Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.