02 Oct Baked Crumbed Fresh Fish
A great way to add some more texture and flavour to your next fish dish. The nutty fresh topping give the dish some stunning flavours and you will simply love the smell as it cooks, zesty and fresh!
- 500 grams fresh fish
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped and crushed (rolling pin works)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rock salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 C/400°F.
- Combine lemon zest, almonds, rosemary, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. Place fish on the prepared baking sheet and divide the almond mixture among the portions placing it on top. Squeeze some lemon juice over each portion.
- Bake the fish until opaque in the center, about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve the fish with some fresh vegetables I made a kale, sprout and mushroom salad to go with it. Was perfect.