05 Sep Blueberry And Orange Zest Muffins – Gluten Free + Dairy Free
A classic blueberry muffin, perfect anytime of year and a great snack to pop into kids lunch boxes. I used beautiful organic blueberries that were frozen in this along with zesty oranges. The smell was amazing and the taste even better. Blue berries are a great antioxidant and loaded with amazing minerals and vitamins making them a great fruit to put inside these wee treats. Ingredients
- 4 cups almond meal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup melted honey
- Zest of two oranges
- 1 cup blue berries ( I used frozen)
- 3 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees celsius. Grease muffin tins with coconut oil or butter
- Mix together all the dry ingredients, then add the oil, banana, honey and eggs. Mix until well combined then stir through the blueberries gently.
- Place into a hot oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until golden and a skewer comes out clean.