25 Sep Lemon Zest Muffins
A had a big bowl full of lemons and decided to create some fresh zesty wee muffins to have on hand and freeze. These are sweet, fresh and have that stunning lemony flavour that I simply love. Naturally sweet and gluten free.
- 1 banana mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut cream/milk
- zest of two lemon
- juice of two lemons
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups almond meal (or split and do 1 cup buckwheat + 1 cup brown rice + 1 cup almond meal)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F
- Grease 12 muffin tins
- Place the eggs, banana, honey and cream into a medium sized bowl and mix to combine. Add the lemon juice, zest and mix. Add the melted oil. Mix. Add the flour and baking soda then mix to combine.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into your muffin tin and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until golden and an inserted skewer comes out cleanly.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Leave in the muffin tray for 10 minutes then run a knife gently around the edge of each muffin and remove. Place on a cooling rack.