12 Aug Nourishing Rich Spicey Broth With Chicken, Leeks And Kale
I am not a fan of complicated hard meals, I like to have meals that are quick and easy to whip up. The key however is a few little tricks I do throughout the week. One is that I always make sure we have homemade broth/stock in the fridge. I do this once a week and it is then the base for so many dishes throughout the week. The second is I always cook more than we need for one meal. So if I am cooking chicken I always cooked two, this is then going to go so much further, save more money and make the next meal really fast.
- 1 litre of broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large leek
- 5-6 kale leaves
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 thumb size piece of ginger
- 1/2 cup apple cider vineger
- 2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- Salt and pepper
- Cook chicken in a pan, or shred precooked chicken.
- In a pan place butter, sliced leeks and sliced kale. Allow it to cook and soften down. I often cover to speed the process up.
- While it is cooking, place into a blender vinegar, ginger, onion, garlic, broth and spices. Blitz until smooth.
- Pour over leeks and kale and add in cooked chicken. Allow it to simmer for a few minutes then serve.