04 Aug Clean Eating Foccacia Bread – Gluten Free, Grain Free
The smell, the texture, the taste all mean winter to me. I simply love focaccia bread and when this is cooking in the oven the smell is just incredible. Its soft, fluffy and tastes fantastic. Naturally gluten free, sugar free and the flavours are all from real whole foods. Making this a bread that is loaded with amazing nutrients your body will love. I served this up with the Chicken, thyme and mushroom casserole with a mid winter lunch in the sun, but would also go great on a summer platter.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup of buckwheat flour
- 4 eggs
- Handful rosemary leaves finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic finely diced
- Red onion finely sliced
- Mushrooms fined diced
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 160 C (300 F)
- In a bowl add all of your dry ingredients, then add in your wet ingredients.
- Stir until well combined, then stir through the add in rosemary and garlic.
- Line a baking dish with baking paper and pour the mix in. Sprinkle over your red onion and mushrooms.
- Place in oven and cook until a skewer comes out clean approx 30-35 minutes
Photos all taken from the fabulous Katie Horrocks